Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/02/27 14:48:48 UTC

New Branches Appearing

Hi committers and contributors,

I noticed today that Ambari has had a few new branches created which don't seem to be proper feature branches. They are:

my_trunk
vbrodetskyi-branch-2.6

We recently went through and cleaned out a whole bunch of stale branches and we want to keep our branch list clean. Can the owners of these branches indicate what they are being used for? If they are not proper  feature branches they should be re-created in your own forks and removed from Apache's repo. If they are long-lived feature branches, then they should be of the format: branch-feature-AMBARI-XXXXX where the X's indicate the epic in Jira.

Thanks!

Re: New Branches Appearing

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>.
I would say go ahead and remove them with no claims.

    Anyone want to claim these branches? If not, I'd like to remove them.

Re: New Branches Appearing

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.