Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/01/04 10:05:13 UTC

commit: r492321

FYI,

I've added support for wire and proxy optimization in the kernel.
This allows "clients" of a wire to choose whether to optimize it away
and invoke on a target instance directly. System services already
work like this but I've now added this capability to
WireObjectFactory used for injecting references into component
implementation instances as well as CompositeContextImpl.locateService
(). The connector determines if a given wire is optimizable during
the connect phase. When a client requests a wire, if the wire is
optimizable, the client determines if it wants to perform the
optimization or use a proxy. This must be determined at runtime since
the client may request a different (or non-Java) service contract, in
which case a mediation will need to be performed. If the client
chooses to use the optimized wire, the non-proxied target instance
will be returned. This should substantially increase the performance
of the runtime and wiring fabric for local invocations.

Jim