Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by MANJUNATH <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 06:14:22 UTC

Is there a way to choose XML canonicalization algorithm in CXF 2.6.2

Hi ,
I am migrating my WS client from  Axis2 to CXF. I find difference in
the  XML canonicalization algorithm between my older client (Axis2) and
current CXF 2.6.2 client.  Is there a way I can change
CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm from "
http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"  to "
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#WithComments".
Manjunath

Re: Is there a way to choose XML canonicalization algorithm in CXF 2.6.2

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I was a bit surprised to see that there is not a way to configure the
Canonicalization algorithm. I have fixed this in WSS4J:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-476

This will be picked up in the next CXF release. However, note that using
any Canonicalization algorithm apart from the default ("
http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#) is not recommended, and in fact is
forbidden by the Basic Security Profile specification.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder