Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2017/09/11 12:47:36 UTC

Release process and staging upload

Hello team,

what are the reasons we're uploading a zip binary of the sources for Oak
to staging and then production? I think most, if not all, of the oak
users leverage maven repositories and the zip is therefore not used.

Can we skip such step, at least for Oak, and drive all the users to use
the maven repos and the svn tags for sources? Are we obliged by any
Apache restriction to provide a zip of the sources?

Cheers
Davide

Re: Release process and staging upload

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2017-09-11 14:47, Davide Giannella wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> what are the reasons we're uploading a zip binary of the sources for Oak
> to staging and then production? I think most, if not all, of the oak
> users leverage maven repositories and the zip is therefore not used.
>
> Can we skip such step, at least for Oak, and drive all the users to use
> the maven repos and the svn tags for sources? Are we obliged by any
> Apache restriction to provide a zip of the sources?
>
> Cheers
> Davide

<http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#source-packages>

Best regards, Julian