Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/09/30 06:19:06 UTC

Compile problems with generated code

I am getting compile problems trying to compile the code that is generated
for tests/InteropTestRound1.xml

The code that fails to compile is InteropTestPortType.cpp and failures all
have to do with lines that look like the following:

xsd__string_Array RetArray = {NULL, 0};

RetArray = (xsd__string_Array&)m_pCall->getBasicArray(XSD_STRING,
"_return", 0);

The error is:  An rvalue of type "axiscpp::Axis_Array" cannot be converted
to "axiscpp::xsd__string_Array &".

Any clues?

Nadir K. Amra

Re: Compile problems with generated code

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Fred - this should be in the test bucket - can you work out why it's not
please (it might be because it doesn't work :-(

Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>
30/09/2005 22:09
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Compile problems with generated code

Thanks Fred.  The directory path, if it helps, is
obj/test/generated/cpp/UnitTest_InteropTestRound1/InteropTestPortType.cpp.

I will also look into this further.

Nadir K. Amra

<ax...@ws.apache.org>

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
I am going to fix this by updating cpp/ClientStubHeaderWriter.java so that
the generated code will look like:

        Axis_Array RetAxisArray = m_pCall->getBasicArray(XSD_STRING,
"_return", 0);
        memcpy(&RetArray,&RetAxisArray,sizeof(Axis_Array));

which is what is done in other places in the code.

Nadir K. Amra