Posted to user@struts.apache.org by An...@enron.net on 2001/03/14 17:51:24 UTC

dynamically constructing non-jsp pages

first, let me say that this is not necessarily struts-specific, but since i'm
pretty much using struts exclusively these days, and this list generates so much
more useful info than the sun jsp and servlet list, i decided to try here first.

here's my situation, i would like query a database and load the results for some
reference tables into .js files, where they can then be quickly accessed for
client side validation.  (not an ideal solution, i know, but it would take me
along time to explain why we came to this decision.)  i realize i can do this
the hard way by directly printing out the response in the servlet, but i'd like
to avoid that if possible.  is there a way to dynamically load a page and not
have it end with the .jsp suffix?

thanks,

ab