Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Karen Schuchardt <kl...@pnl.gov> on 2002/03/23 03:16:02 UTC

problems checking out jetspeed using -D option

I'm trying to check out a copy of Jetspeed of a given date:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -D 03/01/2002
jakarta-jetspeed

I've tried this several times from both Solaris and Linux but its
aborting part way through the process.

I've successfully tested this same operation with other modules (ant
,tomcat) and had no problems.  I don't have disk space problems:
df -k .
/dev/hda5             15101240    327808  14006332   3% /home

The process died in the same part of the repository each time.  Here is
the end of the output:

cvs server: Updating jakarta-jetspeed/src/content/xml/rss
cvs server: Updating jakarta-jetspeed/src/content/xsl
cvs server: Updating jakarta-jetspeed/src/java
cvs server: Updating jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org
cvs server: Updating jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache
cvs server: Updating jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed
Terminated with fatal signal 11
Core dumped; preserving /tmp/cvs-serv37139 on server.
CVS locks may need cleaning up.

If this is the wrong place to bring up this problem, please direct me to
the right place.

Thanks,
Karen

Re: problems checking out jetspeed using -D option

Posted by "David G. Powers" <je...@pssp.com>.
On Friday 22 March 2002 06:16 pm, Karen Schuchardt wrote:
> I'm trying to check out a copy of Jetspeed of a given date:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -D 03/01/2002
> jakarta-jetspeed
> Terminated with fatal signal 11
> Core dumped; preserving /tmp/cvs-serv37139 on server.
> CVS locks may need cleaning up.

Ditto.  Same thing happening here. The apache cvs server /tmp must be
filling up with core dumps by now.

I also tried export and got a similar error.

I was able to check out the jakarta-jetspeed module with no date parameter
but that isn't very useful for going back in time.

--
David G. Powers
PowerSource