Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by KayVajj <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/23 23:39:01 UTC

mapred Configuration Vs mapReduce configuration in Ooozie

I am implementing an oozie workflow MR job . I was not sure if I have to
use the mapred properties vs the mapreduce properties.

I have seen that if mapreduce properties were to be used, it has to be set
explicitly like

JobConf.setUseNewMapper(boolean flag)

How do I do the same in Oozie?

Also another question, if I were to use the new properties where do I find
the property names like "mapreduce.job.inputformat.class" These seem to be
hidden in some private API.

Thanks your answers are appreciated.

Re: mapred Configuration Vs mapReduce configuration in Ooozie

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

You can use the new api in your action if you set these two properties in
the action's <configuration> section:
    <property>
      <name>mapred.mapper.new-api</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </property>
    <property>
      <name>mapred.reducer.new-api</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </property>

The JobConf.setUseNewMapper(boolean flag) simply sets the same property;
same with JobConf.setUseNewReducer(boolean flag).

 - Robert

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.