Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Stas Chizhov <sc...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 14:05:44 UTC

Kafka consumer: fair consumption from multiple partitions

Hi,

I have to process a topic with few thousand messages and a dozen partitions
from the very beginning. This topic is manually populated before
consumption. In this setup a consumer consuming from several partitions at
the same time tend to consume assigned partitions sequentially: first all
messages from 1 partition, then all messages from another and so on. I
wonder if there is away to make consumption more fair? I tried to play with
consumer properties without any luck. My kafka version is 0.10.2.

Thank you,
Stanislav.