Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ra...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca on 1996/07/23 17:01:48 UTC

How to authorize everyone?

What is the best way to automatically authorize everybody, no matter
what they enter as their user id and password?  From looking at
mod_auth_anon.c I can see that it would be easy to write a little module
that did this, but I was wondering if any of the existing myriad of
authentication modules were capable of doing this.

On another note, what is the status of the discussion about allowing
multiple authentication mechanisms?  I would love to be able to have many
different authentication modules active all at once and enable each based
on the URI.

-Rasmus