Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com> on 2017/01/23 22:17:59 UTC

Hive Tez on External Table running on Single Mapper

Hi,

We have 20 GB txt File, When we have created external table on top of 20
Gb file, we see Tez is creating only one mapper. We have applied setting
like reducing distribution block size less 128 MB. Manually Set Mappers
and Reducer but of no use. We are using Tez 0.7 version, is there any
setting which makes application to run in more than one mapper. Input
file is not Compressed, it's a Txt File with 100 columns.

Re: Hive Tez on External Table running on Single Mapper

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
    > >     'skip.header.line.count'='1',

Trying removing that config option.

I've definitely seen footer markers disabling file splitting, possibly header also does.

Cheers,
Gopal

Re: Hive Tez on External Table running on Single Mapper

Posted by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com>.
ping..

Posted by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com>.