Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2005/05/25 22:58:14 UTC

Tool to generate WSDL with various WSIF bindings

Searching through the past postings, I could not find
any references to a tool to generate WSDL with
multiple bindings. Is this true even now? The
Java2WSDL in the tools package is invoking the axis
Java2WSDL.

So, to create various WSDLs containing distinct
bindings, do we need to write our own tool? IBM
WebSphere studio generated WSDLs with separate
bindings from a java interface. Do they use a
proprietary tool to do that or is there something to
do this as a part of WSIF?

I guess I can follow the Java2WSDL to get a WSDL with
SOAP bindings and then use WSDL2WSDL to generate a
specific binding WSDL and then write code to separate
the  WSDL into abstract, binding and service WSDL
documents. I was wondering if there is anything
already out there that does that.

Thanks for any help.
Shantanu Sen

Re: Tool to generate WSDL with various WSIF bindings

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Shantanu Sen wrote:

>Searching through the past postings, I could not find
>any references to a tool to generate WSDL with
>multiple bindings. Is this true even now?

as far as i know that is true.

>The
>Java2WSDL in the tools package is invoking the axis
>Java2WSDL.
>
>So, to create various WSDLs containing distinct
>bindings, do we need to write our own tool? IBM
>WebSphere studio generated WSDLs with separate
>bindings from a java interface. Do they use a
>proprietary tool to do that or is there something to
>do this as a part of WSIF?
>
>I guess I can follow the Java2WSDL to get a WSDL with
>SOAP bindings and then use WSDL2WSDL to generate a
>specific binding WSDL and then write code to separate
>the  WSDL into abstract, binding and service WSDL
>documents. I was wondering if there is anything
>already out there that does that.

if you find something let us know ;-)

alek