Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Craig, Lauren" <La...@ca.com> on 2004/01/28 16:43:13 UTC

Questions about Lenya

I have been asked to do some research on the features Lenya supports.  I have looked at the Apache website, but the information I found was more on the technical side.  Thus far I have deduced that Lenya does support versioning and workflow, and oscom.org mentions a Lucene integration and the possibility of multi-server deployment.  I have a feature spreadsheet I have been asked to fill out, and I was wondering if anyone knows if any of these features are supported.  I will include the list of features below.  Also, I was wondering if any scalability testing has been performed.  Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
-Lauren Craig

List of possible features:
Folder heirarchy
WEBDAV
Web Based GUI
User Defined Properties / Annotations
Archiving
Hot Backup
Reporting
Load Balancing (Clustering or Federation)
Merging and Branching
Categorization
Taxonomy
Portal Integrations
Client Based GUI
Built in Editors
Auditing
Transformation
Links and Associations
Replication
JSR 170 complient / implementation
Compression
Encryption
Calendaring / Scheduling

Re: Questions about Lenya

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Questions about Lenya> Load Balancing (Clustering or Federation)

It could be possible to do something like that. Have a look at these
articles:

Clustering with Tomcat
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/07/17/tomcluster.html

Load Balancing Web Applications
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/09/26/load.html

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: Questions about Lenya

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
can be done
*means*
it is possible but is not shipped with application

Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Craig, Lauren wrote:
>
>> Hot Backup

can be done! Into db, or to another server.

>> Reporting

as well, but like what? Content specific in terms of:
How many articles, how many authors, views,...
can be done.

>> Load Balancing (Clustering or Federation)
>> Merging and Branching

no

>> Categorization

Can be done.

>> Taxonomy
>> Portal Integrations

no

>> Client Based GUI

in terms of programming (developing)?
Can be done with Eclipse.

in terms of using?
a browser is a client?
then yes ;-)

King regards

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

Re: Questions about Lenya

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Craig, Lauren wrote:

> Also, I was wondering if any scalability testing has been performed.

not for lenya per se. cocoon was tested on clusters and scaled to over
1000 dynamic requests per second. if these numbers are not enough, you
can publish static html.

> Folder heirarchy

yes

> WEBDAV

yes

yes (lucene)

> Web Based GUI

yes

> User Defined Properties / Annotations

yes

> Archiving

yes

> Hot Backup
> Reporting
> Load Balancing (Clustering or Federation)
> Merging and Branching
> Categorization
> Taxonomy
> Portal Integrations
> Client Based GUI

no

> Built in Editors

yes

> Auditing

no

> Transformation
> Links and Associations
> Replication

yes

> JSR 170 complient / implementation

not yet

> Compression

? if http compression, then yes.

> Encryption

depends on delivery engine, can be done yes

> Calendaring / Scheduling

yes

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss