Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 刘 嘉鹏 <Ev...@outlook.com> on 2020/10/26 12:15:53 UTC

SkyWalking Satellite Creating Proposal

Hi Dev team:

We would like to start a new proposal about creating SkyWalking Satellite go sidecar project.

Skywalking Satellite is a one-stop open-source APM data collector located in the cloud-native scenario.

By using this collector, multiple APM data sources will be uniformly collected, such as app logs, trace segments, metrics from Prometheus SDK, etc. And, once we have the collector, data preprocessing can be done locally, which brings many advantages. Such as sampling in the supersize scale deployment and structured processing of logs. Also, the project will share the responsibilities of the agents. For example,  the MQ transport mode should work in the Satellite rather than working in the agents of every language.

New project repo, SkyWalking-Satellite Issue, SkyWalking main repo issue system Maillist/Slack, keep the same.

The initial committers are
Wei Jin(ApacheID: kvn),
Junxu Chen(ApacheID: chenjunxu),
Zhenxu Ke(ApacheID: kezhenxu94),
Jian Tan(ApacheID: tanjian),
Haochao Zhuang(ApacheID: daming),
Xin Zhan(ApacheID: zhangxin),
Hongtao Gao(ApacheID: hanahmily),
Jiapeng Liu(GithubID: evanljp)
and Chao Chen(GithubID: surlymo).

Jiapeng Liu

[RESULT][VOTE][New Subproject] Establish SkyWalking Satellite

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you to take part in the vote, we have

+1 binding(PMC vote) from
Sheng Wu
Zhenxu Ke
Haochao Zhuang
Hongtao Gao
Xin Zhang
Wei Zhang
Jian Tan

+1 (committer vote) from
Ming Wen

+1 community vote from
Yuansheng Wang
Jiapeng Liu
Wei Jin

The initial committers are
Wei Jin(ApacheID: kvn),
Junxu Chen(ApacheID: chenjunxu),
Zhenxu Ke(ApacheID: kezhenxu94),
Jian Tan(ApacheID: tanjian),
Haochao Zhuang(ApacheID: daming),
Xin Zhan(ApacheID: zhangxin),
Hongtao Gao(ApacheID: hanahmily),
Jiapeng Liu(GithubID: evanljp)
and Chao Chen(GithubID: surlymo).

I will add Wei Jin(ApacheID: kvn) and Junxu Chen(ApacheID: chenjunxu) as
SkyWalking committer

To Jiapeng Liu and Chao Chen
Please follow this[1], I will send the invitation mail soon.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/guides/asf/committer.md#invite-new-committer

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

刘 嘉鹏 <Ev...@outlook.com> 于2020年10月26日周一 下午8:16写道:

Re: SkyWalking Satellite Creating Proposal

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
I am looking at the very positive feedback from the community, plan to
close thr vote in tomorrow night.
If anyone has concern, please let's know ASAP.

刘 嘉鹏 <Ev...@outlook.com>于2020年10月26日 周一20:16写道:

> Hi Dev team:
>
> We would like to start a new proposal about creating SkyWalking Satellite
> go sidecar project.
>
> Skywalking Satellite is a one-stop open-source APM data collector located
> in the cloud-native scenario.
>
> By using this collector, multiple APM data sources will be uniformly
> collected, such as app logs, trace segments, metrics from Prometheus SDK,
> etc. And, once we have the collector, data preprocessing can be done
> locally, which brings many advantages. Such as sampling in the supersize
> scale deployment and structured processing of logs. Also, the project will
> share the responsibilities of the agents. For example,  the MQ transport
> mode should work in the Satellite rather than working in the agents of
> every language.
>
> New project repo, SkyWalking-Satellite Issue, SkyWalking main repo issue
> system Maillist/Slack, keep the same.
>
> The initial committers are
> Wei Jin(ApacheID: kvn),
> Junxu Chen(ApacheID: chenjunxu),
> Zhenxu Ke(ApacheID: kezhenxu94),
> Jian Tan(ApacheID: tanjian),
> Haochao Zhuang(ApacheID: daming),
> Xin Zhan(ApacheID: zhangxin),
> Hongtao Gao(ApacheID: hanahmily),
> Jiapeng Liu(GithubID: evanljp)
> and Chao Chen(GithubID: surlymo).
>
> Jiapeng Liu
>
> --
Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: SkyWalking Satellite Creating Proposal

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding.
The proposal looks good for me.

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com> 于2020年10月27日周二 下午6:16写道:

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jiapeng

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.
+1

--

*MembPhis*
My GitHub: https://github.com/membphis

Re: SkyWalking Satellite Creating Proposal

Posted by Jian Tan <ta...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Wei Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 binding, looks good for me.

Posted by Xin Zhang <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding, It looks great.

Posted by Daming <zt...@foxmail.com>.
+1 binding

----------------
Zhuang Haochao(@dmsolr)
Apache SkyWalking

&nbsp;

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:                                                                                                                        "dev"                                                                                    <kvn@apache.org&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Mon, Oct 26, 2020 11:25 PM
To:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@skywalking.apache.org&gt;;

Subject:&nbsp;Re: SkyWalking Satellite Creating Proposal

+1

Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841108@gmail.com&gt; 于2020年10月26日周一 下午11:20写道:

&gt; Hi Jiapeng
&gt;
&gt; Thanks for submitting this proposal. Personally, I am waiting for this kind
&gt; of sub project for a long time, and this time, we have people from
&gt; SkyWalking committer team, APISIX committer team, and other new
&gt; contributors to initial this.
&gt;
&gt; This proposal looks good to me, as far as it has PMC oversight, it is fine.
&gt;
&gt; +1 binding.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; 刘 嘉鹏 <Evanljp@outlook.com&gt;于2020年10月26日 周一20:16写道:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Hi Dev team:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; We would like to start a new proposal about creating SkyWalking Satellite
&gt; &gt; go sidecar project.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Skywalking Satellite is a one-stop open-source APM data collector located
&gt; &gt; in the cloud-native scenario.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; By using this collector, multiple APM data sources will be uniformly
&gt; &gt; collected, such as app logs, trace segments, metrics from Prometheus SDK,
&gt; &gt; etc. And, once we have the collector, data preprocessing can be done
&gt; &gt; locally, which brings many advantages. Such as sampling in the supersize
&gt; &gt; scale deployment and structured processing of logs. Also, the project
&gt; will
&gt; &gt; share the responsibilities of the agents. For example,&nbsp; the MQ transport
&gt; &gt; mode should work in the Satellite rather than working in the agents of
&gt; &gt; every language.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; New project repo, SkyWalking-Satellite Issue, SkyWalking main repo issue
&gt; &gt; system Maillist/Slack, keep the same.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; The initial committers are
&gt; &gt; Wei Jin(ApacheID: kvn),
&gt; &gt; Junxu Chen(ApacheID: chenjunxu),
&gt; &gt; Zhenxu Ke(ApacheID: kezhenxu94),
&gt; &gt; Jian Tan(ApacheID: tanjian),
&gt; &gt; Haochao Zhuang(ApacheID: daming),
&gt; &gt; Xin Zhan(ApacheID: zhangxin),
&gt; &gt; Hongtao Gao(ApacheID: hanahmily),
&gt; &gt; Jiapeng Liu(GithubID: evanljp)
&gt; &gt; and Chao Chen(GithubID: surlymo).
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Jiapeng Liu
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; --
&gt; Sheng Wu 吴晟
&gt;
&gt; Apache SkyWalking
&gt; Apache Incubator
&gt; Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
&gt; Zipkin
&gt; Twitter, wusheng1108
&gt;

Re: SkyWalking Satellite Creating Proposal

Posted by wei jin <kv...@apache.org>.
+1

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年10月26日周一 下午11:20写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiapeng

Posted by "kezhenxu94@apache" <ke...@apache.org>.
I’m +1 (binding) to start this subproject, it enriches SkyWalking’s ecosystem.

Thanks.

—————————
Zhenxu Ke (柯振旭)
GitHub @kezhenxu94