Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@managesoft.com> on 2003/06/17 13:10:18 UTC

Fortress - CompositeException ?

Hi All,

Hope all is well!

Looks like the CompositeExceptionTestCase is currently failing:

test:compile:
    [javac] Compiling 9 source files to
    /home/crafterm/workarea/avalon/fortress/container/target/test-classes

/home/crafterm/workarea/avalon/fortress/container/src/test/org/apache/avalon/fortress/util/test/CompositeExceptionTestCase.java:82:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getCause  ()
location: class org.apache.avalon.fortress.util.CompositeException
        assertTrue( null == exc.getCause() );
	                               ^

/home/crafterm/workarea/avalon/fortress/container/src/test/org/apache/avalon/fortress/util/test/CompositeExceptionTestCase.java:110:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method getCause  ()
location: class org.apache.avalon.fortress.util.CompositeException
        assertTrue( null == exc.getCause() );

Currently CompositeException inherits from Exception - could it be that it
should inherit from CascadingException in framework as CascadingException
has the missing method getCause().

Let me know if that should be the case and I'll fix it.

Cheers,

Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: