Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ryan LaHue <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/14 22:52:19 UTC

Retrieving/serializing the javascript for an AjaxLink

I am trying to embed javascript links in some JSON which I pass to Open
Flash Chart.  I am able to test this by giving the "on-click" attribute of a
chart element the value of "alert('testing')" and it pops up the alert as I
expect.  Now I need to create links to a Wicket page.  All the links will go
to the same page but I need to have different parameters depending on which
element of my chart was clicked.

I tried something like this but got null for the markup stream:

        AjaxLink lateLink = new AjaxLink ("late")  {
            setResponsePage(new CarPage(make, model, year));
            return;
          }
        };
        chart.setOnClick(lateLink.getMarkupStream());

How can I go about building a dynamic javascript link to a wicket page which
I can pass into the flash object?  The chart object is just a bean which I
run through a converter to seralizize its attributes to JSON.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Retrieving/serializing the javascript for an AjaxLink

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
I think you'd be a lot better off doing urlFor(new
SomeLinkThatRedirectsToCarPage) rather than creating potentially many pages
per request.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com