Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by YUL <yu...@dell.com> on 2012/03/27 19:13:11 UTC

Does Durable subscription or message persistence work for WS-Notification?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to WS-Notification of CXF. If I understand correctly,
WS-Notification is built on top of activeMQ. As a JMS provider, activeMQ
supports Durable subscription/message persistence. This means when the
client is offline, the messages will be persisted so that when the client is
up later, the message can still be pushed to the client. I was just
wondering if this is also supported by CXF WS-Notification? When the client
is temporarily down or the server is crashed, after the client is up or the
server is up again, would the message published earlier still be delivered
to the client?

Thanks very much,

YuLing

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Currenly that's not really supported.  The main problem is that we'd need
to persist the WS-Notification subscriptions in addition to creating
durable jms subcribers and that's not yet supported.  It's on my todo list
but not sure when I'll have enough time to start working on that.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 19:13, YUL <yu...@dell.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a newbie to WS-Notification of CXF. If I understand correctly,
> WS-Notification is built on top of activeMQ. As a JMS provider, activeMQ
> supports Durable subscription/message persistence. This means when the
> client is offline, the messages will be persisted so that when the client
> is
> up later, the message can still be pushed to the client. I was just
> wondering if this is also supported by CXF WS-Notification? When the client
> is temporarily down or the server is crashed, after the client is up or the
> server is up again, would the message published earlier still be delivered
> to the client?
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> YuLing

Guillaume Nodet