Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 20:55:06 UTC

JXTA Migration to ASF - Looking for a Champion

Hi,

The JXTA community has overwhelmingly voted in favor of migrating to
ASF. I understand that we first need to 'recruit' a champion. How does
it work? Any volunteers?

Thanks,

Jérôme Verstrynge

Re: Proposal document for JXTA Migration to ASF under name Chaupal

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.
On 9/11/2010 8:51, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> I've been rude and made you angry, and you're totally right. I
> apologize and can only hope that you accept it.
Ok, no problem, we are cool !!!

> I will shut up now before I do any more damage.
No, I guess we are just learning about each other.

Jérôme

Re: Proposal document for JXTA Migration to ASF under name Chaupal

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.
On 9/11/2010 5:59, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>>> Sorry, meant to say SPoC, Single Point of Contact.
>> This is just to organise the transition. It does not make sense to get
>> everyone involved in this process.
> It makes sense for all /interested/ people to get involved. That can
> be a strict subset of Everyone and can have cardinality greater 1.
What factual evidence leads you to conclude that all interested people
are not involved within the JXTA community?

I am keeping everyone informed of what I am doing with ASF on the
current JXTA mailing lists. These lists are registered and google-able.

People know what I am doing, they trust me, but if you don't believe me,
fair enough, but check for yourself please. Don't make assumptions.

> PS: Pls keep this conversation on-list. Thanks.
Bernd,

I find this comment unfair and your attitude rude. It does not help and
does not fit with what I know from ASF. You have sent this email (and
the two previous one) specifically to me. No copy on any ASF mailing
list. Now you are asking me to keep this conversation on-list. This is
plain contradiction.

It was your initiative to have a private conversation. Don't ask me to
fit rules or principles that you don't apply yourself.

If you can't (or won't), then please don't be in contact with me.

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.
On 8/11/2010 3:42, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> Any reason why you didn't follow Incubator process as Bertrand suggested?
I missed Bertrand's point. Issue solved, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ChaupalProposal

I am the single point of contact for the JXTA community regarding moving
to ASF, but feel free to join us on our dev mailing list if you want to
discuss more technical issues or meet more members (see
https://jxta-jxse.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectMailingListList).

Cheers,

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jerome,

Any reason why you didn't follow Incubator process as Bertrand suggested?
We'd be happy to get feedback to know where our documentation[1] is
unclear or lacking detail.
The mailing list archive is also full of best practices of successful
incubation requests.

Thanks,

  Bernd

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.

Re: JXTA Migration to ASF - Looking for a Champion

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.
On 28/10/2010 3:54, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Jérôme Verstrynge<jv...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> ...We have not received an answer to this email. Is there anyone following up
>> on these requests? Is there something special we need to perform/deliver?...
> You can submit your proposal for discussion at
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ already, even if you don't have a
> champion or mentors yet. That might help in getting people interested.
>
> -Bertrand
We are currently voting for a new name, I will submit our proposal very
soon. Thanks.

Jérôme

Re: JXTA Migration to ASF - Looking for a Champion

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
I've used JXTA as to complete the prototype system of my graduate thesis. I
think it's a great tool. Hope it could join in the community.
regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: JXTA Migration to ASF - Looking for a Champion

Posted by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for offering!

Jérôme

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The JXTA community has overwhelmingly voted in favor of migrating to ASF. I
> understand that we first need to 'recruit' a champion. How does it work? Any
> volunteers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jérôme Verstrynge

I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)