Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@excite.com> on 2001/02/21 03:12:16 UTC

Re: Cocoon installed on orion: YES!

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:41:06 -0500, cocoon-users@xml.apache.org wrote:

I second this!  Thanks for the great work!  I acheive
opeation with cocoon-1.8.2, orion-1.4.5, and Sun's
JDK 1.3.0.

I also ended up adding the JDBC bridge driver (i.e.
mm.mysql...... ) to the manifest list.  Would sure
like to instead put it in WEB-INF/lib, but have
never gotton that trick to work.  Anyone else ever
get WEB-INF/lib to properly take library jar files?

    Steve Punte
    stevep@candlelightsoftware.com

>  you are my new best friend.  this works.  thanks!

orion/default-web-app/WEB-INF
>  > 9)Update cocoon.properties
>  > Open the file [web-app]/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties in an editor and
locate
>  > the following line:
>  > producer.type.file = org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile
>  > Place the following on the next line:
>  > producer.type.filter = com.orionsupport.cocoon.ProducerFromFilter
>  > Now locate the following line (not far below):
>  > producer.default = file
>  > And replace it with:
>  > producer.default = filter
>  >
>  > 10)In web.xml found in orion/default-web-app/WEB-INF insert
>  >
>  > <servlet>
>  >   <servlet-name>cocoon-servlet</servlet-name>
>  >
>  > <servlet-class>com.orionsupport.cocoon.CocoonServlet</servlet-class>
>  >   <init-param>
>  >     <param-name>properties</param-name>
>  >     <param-value>/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
>  >   </init-param>
>  > </servlet>
>  >
>  > <filter>
>  >   <filter-name>cocoon-filter</filter-name>
>  >
>  > <filter-class>com.orionsupport.cocoon.CocoonFilter</filter-class>
>  >   <init-param>
>  >     <param-name>cocoon-servlet</param-name>
>  >     <param-value>cocoon-servlet</param-value>
>  >   </init-param>
>  > </filter>
>  >
>  > <filter-mapping>
>  >   <filter-name>cocoon-filter</filter-name>
>  >   <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
>  > </filter-mapping>
>  >
>  > 11)the default XSL Servlet that comes bundled with Orion must be
disabled.
>  > To do this, edit [orion]/config/global-web-application.xml and remove
the
>  > following line:
>  > <servlet-chaining servlet-name="xsl" mime-type="text/xml" />
>  >
>  >
>  > Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
>  > FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>  >
>  > To unsubscribe, e-mail: <co...@xml.apache.org>
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: <co...@xml.apache.org>