Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK INFORMATION INC at Cisco)" <jb...@cisco.com> on 2012/11/08 19:00:46 UTC

start-dfs.sh requesting password for user used to start daemon

Hello,

Apache Hadoop 0.20.203.0 (tarball)
Java HotSpot (build 1.6.0_21-b07)

I have a 4 datanode cluster sandbox I'm trying to startup, but when I initiate start.dfs.sh as the local user I created, , and after the namenode and all the datanodes
start, the output stops and asks for the password for the local account that I'm using to run start-dfs.sh  The same happens when I run stop.dfs.sh with all datanode
daemons stopping except the namenode daemon. It does not stop due to the password requirement. SSH passphrase-less logon is functioning for the user from
the namenode to all the datanodes. I did not alter start-dfs.sh or Hadoop-config.sh

[hdfs@ldsg-hadoop-master01 bin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
starting namenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-ldsg-hadoop-master01.out
ldsg-hadoop02: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop02.out
ldsg-hadoop01: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop01.out
ldsg-hadoop03: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop03.out
ldsg-hadoop04: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop04.out
hdfs@ldsg-hadoop-master01's password:

Thank you
-John

Re: start-dfs.sh requesting password for user used to start daemon

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.
Have you setup passworless ssh to localhost?
In other words if when logged on as 'hdfs'  can you do 'ssh localhost' and/or 'ssh ldsg-hadoop-master01'?

Oleg

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.