Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/16 00:46:04 UTC

[VOTE] graduate Apache Superset from the Apache Incubator

Hi all!

Over the past few months/years, the Apache Superset community has met all
the requirements to graduate from the Apache Incubator. Given that, I
believe we are ready for graduation and I'm excited to kick off the process
with a community vote at this time.

For the record, we have been incubating since 2017-05-02, have had 8
official Apache-approved releases, and have voted in 20 PMC members and 11
committers. See our Incubation Status File for more details:
https://incubator.apache.org/projects/superset.html

For reference, you can find out everything you need to know about the
graduation requirements and process here:
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

Consider this an implicit +1 from me.

Cheers!

Max

Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Superset from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Bryan Keller <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by yongjie zhao <yo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Abhishek Sharma <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Eugenia Moreno <eu...@preset.io>.
+1 !!!

Posted by Srinivasa Kadamati <sr...@preset.io>.
+1 !!!

Posted by Craig Rueda <cr...@craigrueda.com>.
+1 !!!!

Posted by William Barrett <wi...@preset.io>.
+1 Binding!

Posted by John Bodley <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Evan Rusackas <ev...@preset.io>.
+1 Binding

[RESULT][VOTE] graduate Apache Superset from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@preset.io>.
The vote [overwhelmingly] PASSES!

17 binding +1s!

   - Jeff Feng
   - Wiliam Barrett
   - Craig Rueda
   - Maxime Beauchemin
   - Erik Ritter
   - Tai Dupree
   - Krist Wongsuphasawat
   - Chris Williams
   - Ville Brofeldt
   - Jesse Yang
   - Jim Jagielski
   - Daniel Gaspar
   - Evan Rusackas
   - John Bodley
   - Michelle Thomas
   - Grace Guo
   - Evan Rusackas

12 non-binding +1s

   - Srinivasa Kadamati
   - Eugenia Moreno
   - Abhishek Sharma
   - Yongjie Zhao
   - Bryan Keller
   - Charles Givre
   - Bence Orlai
   - Luca Toscano
   - Alan Hsia
   - Tao Feng
   - Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira
   - Furkan Kamaci

Max

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Michelle Thomas <mi...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Phillip Kelley-Dotson <ph...@preset.io>.
+1!

Phillip Kelley-Dotson
Preset
Frontend engineer

Posted by Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira <rm...@redhat.com>.
+1

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 9:55 PM Maxime Beauchemin <

--

Ricardo Martinelli De Oliveira

Data Engineer, AI CoE

Red Hat Brazil <https://www.redhat.com/>

Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 3900

8th floor

rmartine@redhat.com    T: +551135426125
M: +5511970696531
@redhatjobs <https://twitter.com/redhatjobs>   redhatjobs
<https://www.facebook.com/redhatjobs> @redhatjobs
<https://instagram.com/redhatjobs>
<https://www.redhat.com/>

Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Superset from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 5:46 PM Maxime Beauchemin <

Posted by Jesse Yang <jy...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bence Orlai <be...@orlai.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)

As a reminder, part of the graduation resolution contains the list of people for the new PMC. This is usually, but not always, an exact copy of the current PPMC when the graduation vote is taken. So the next step after this (voting for graduation) is a roll call within the PPMC on who wishes to be part of the PMC.

Posted by Chris Williams <ch...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
+1!

Chris

Data Visualization
San Francisco

Posted by Krist Wongsuphasawat <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

--

*Krist Wongsuphasawat, PhD*
http://kristw.yellowpigz.com

Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Superset from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Tai Dupree <ta...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Erik Ritter <er...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
+1!

Posted by Jack Pearson <ja...@fremantletechnology.com>.
+1 !

FWD: [VOTE] graduate Apache Superset from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
FYI - we just started a VOTE to graduate Apache Superset from the Apache
Incubator (!!!)

Posted by Alan Hsia <al...@preset.io>.
+1

Posted by Daniel Gaspar <dp...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jeff Feng <je...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
+1 Binding

Been waiting for this moment for years :-)

Posted by Grace Guo <gr...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks for making this happen!

Grace

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well (community vote)

I have to say that when I started looking for Superset packaging
(0.26.x releases) I found a very young project that was promising but
challenging to maintain (from the sysadmin perspective): upgrades were
difficult and often leading to regressions, it was sometimes difficult
to reach out to upstream devs, etc.. But over time everything improved
a lot, leading to a solid project and a very nice experience for
community members. This is due to a ton of work done by a lot of
people, really a great job everybody, keep up with the good work!

Luca