Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by AndrewB <a....@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 15:12:08 UTC

Get list of connections through JMX?

Hello

how do I get the list of the connections to the OpenWire connector?
JConsole is able to list the connections, but i don't see which "view" I can
use to get the list:

ObjectName of a connection:
//org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Connection,ConnectorName=openwire,Connection=toto

I tried ConnectorViewMBean but the operations on it don't allow me to list
the connections:

ObjectName name = new
ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Connection,ConnectorName=openwire");
            mbsc.getMBeanInfo(name);
            ConnectorViewMBean view = JMX.newMBeanProxy(mbsc, name,
ConnectorViewMBean.class);

Thank you for the help!

Best regards

Andrew

Re: Get list of connections through JMX?

Posted by AndrewB <a....@gmail.com>.
Hello

That does indeed work for me:

ObjectName connectionNames = new
ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Connection,ConnectorName=openwire,Connection=*");
Set<ObjectName> names = mbsc.queryNames(connectionNames, null);
for(ObjectName name : names) {
       logger.error("Name: "+name.getCanonicalName());
}

Output:
2011-09-15 17:40:36,171 [main] ERROR - (root) - Name:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Connection=toto,ConnectorName=openwire,Type=Connection
2011-09-15 17:40:36,171 [main] ERROR - (root) - Name:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Connection=titi,ConnectorName=openwire,Type=Connection

Thank you very much!

Posted by "flou@yahoo-inc.com" <fl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Have you tried to use MBeanServerConnection.queryNames(ObjectName objName,
QueryExp query).

You need to construct ObjectName with wildcard for Connection ID:
new
ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:BrokerName="+brokerName+",Type=Connection,ConnectorName=openwire,Connection=*")