Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gordon Dickens <gd...@anexinet.com> on 2007/08/29 14:45:50 UTC

File Poller Message without Attachment

Hello,

I have a FilePoller service unit that sends a message (via the NMR -
targetServiceName) to a custom service unit. The basic idea is to notify
a service that a file has arrived.  The FilePoller using the
BinaryFileMarshaler because the file could be any type.  However, all I
want to do is send the name and location of the file.

How can I use the FilePoller to send the message without attaching the file?

btw, I am using ServiceMix 3.2 trunk.

Thanks,
Gordon

Re: File Poller Message without Attachment

Posted by Gordon Dickens <gd...@anexinet.com>.

Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On 8/29/07, Gordon Dickens <gd...@anexinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a FilePoller service unit that sends a message (via the NMR -
>> targetServiceName) to a custom service unit. The basic idea is to notify
>> a service that a file has arrived.  The FilePoller using the
>> BinaryFileMarshaler because the file could be any type.  However, all I
>> want to do is send the name and location of the file.
>>
>> How can I use the FilePoller to send the message without attaching the file?
>>

> If this were my problem, I'd just copy the BinaryFileMarshaler, give
> it a new name and modify the readMessage() and writeMessage() methods
> to do what I wanted. Then you just need to use Spring configuration to
> plug it in where you need it.
>
> Bruce
> );'

> Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
> Castor - http://castor.org/
>
> .

Thanks Bruce,

That is exactly what we did yesterday afternoon.   However, we are
unclear on how to package the new class up.  When ServiceMix starts we
get  Class not found: org.apache.servicemix.common.DefaultBootstrap.

Can you point me to information on how to package and deploy custom
components classes?

Thanks again,

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/