Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/19 11:34:15 UTC

Location of TLP descriptions

At present Whimsy grabs project descriptions from

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/index.html

Seems to me it would make more sense to get them from the RDF files here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/projects.apache.org/data/committees

Agreed?

Re: Location of TLP descriptions

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 October 2017 at 15:18, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 October 2017 at 13:01, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sure, although what would be really helpful to decide is having a map of
>>> where the data actually comes from.
>>>
>>> I.e. when a new TLP is created, they are supposed to do X to enter a
>>> project description and other metadata somewhere.
>>>
>>> That metadata is processed and re-processed in several tools spanning
>>> ComDev and Whimsy at least.  Improving documentation and coordination of
>>> a canonical metadata list for all TLPs (and podlings? I don't even
>>> remember) would be useful too, while we're changing things.
>>
>> Well yes, but that's a lot more work.
>> At least using the PAO data reduces the number of distinct sources.
>> Baby steps.
>
> Rats.
>
> Turns out that the comdev data is not at all complete.
> It's also not always in agreement as the charter and title have
> different purposes.

Just noticed that the Secretary post meeting actions include updating
committee-info.txt

That involves extracting data such as name and membership from the minutes.
Seems to me it could also extract the charter and store that too.

If we cannot think of anywhere better it might as well be stored under

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.