Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jinyuan Zhou <zh...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/17 16:52:23 UTC

bulk load skipping tsv files

Hi,
I wonder if there are tool similar
to org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.ImportTsv.  IimportTsv read from tsv
file and create HFiles which are ready to be loaded into the corresponding
region by another
tool org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles. What I want
is to read from some hbase table and create hfiles directly  I think I I
know how to write up such class by following steps in ImportTsv class but I
wonder if some one already did this.
Thanks,
Jack

--
-- Jinyuan (Jack) Zhou

Re: bulk load skipping tsv files

Posted by Jinyuan Zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
I had thought about coprocessor. But I had an impression that coprocessor
is last option one shoud try becuase it is so invasive to the jvm running
hbase. Not sure about current status though. However, what the croprocessor
can give me in this case is less network load. My problem is the hbase's
housekeeping work load as a result of increased data valume. For this  part
, coprocessor may not help.
Thanks,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Jinyuan: