Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/03/17 04:11:08 UTC

[excalibur] runtime thread-impl dependency to instrument jar

Hi,

Just noticed that I still need the Excalibur-instrument jar in order to
use the thread-impl jars for cornerstone.  Is this supposed to be the case
or am I messing something up here?

Alex

Re: [excalibur] runtime thread-impl dependency to instrument jar

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 17 March 2004 11:11, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Just noticed that I still need the Excalibur-instrument jar in order to
> use the thread-impl jars for cornerstone.  Is this supposed to be the case
> or am I messing something up here?

That is part of the current mess, that Stephen and I want to clean up.

Niclas

Re: [excalibur] runtime thread-impl dependency to instrument jar

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just noticed that I still need the Excalibur-instrument jar in order to
> use the thread-impl jars for cornerstone.  Is this supposed to be the case
> or am I messing something up here?

You don't need the jar file but you will get warnings about a component
type not being loaded because a component class definition failure (this
is the problem with the non-separation of dependencies in the excalibur
pool, threads, etc. packages).

The warning effects the resource limiting thread pool however the
default setup is to use the default thread pool.

The solution is to break out the instrumented content in a separate
package in excalibur pool and thread, then break out a separate
instrumented jar in cornerstone.

Steve.