Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Silent Surfer <si...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/02 19:45:37 UTC

Questions regarding IT search solution

Hi,
I am new to Lucene forum and it is my first question.I need a clarification from you.
Requirement:------------------1. Build a IT search tool for logs similar to that of Splunk(Only wrt searching logs but not in terms of reporting, graphs etc) using solr/lucene. The log files are mainly the server logs like JBoss, Custom application server logs (May or may not be log4j logs) and the files size can go potentially upto 100 MB2. The logs are spread across multiple servers (25 to 30 servers)2. Capability to be do search almost realtime3. Support  distributed search

Our search criterion can be based on a keyword or timestamp or IP address etc.
Can anyone throw some light if solr/lucene is right solution for this ?
Appreciate any quick help in this regard.
Thanks,Surfer

Thanks,Tiru