Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajesh A <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/04 18:12:06 UTC

First ExceptionInInitializerError Then NoClassDefFoundError

Everytime I start tomcat 3.2.1 (win2k) and run a servlet I get
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError. Subsequent requests to the same
servlet throw java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. The servlet class file is
located in the webapps/myapp/web-inf/classes/. This dir is in the classpath
before starting tomcat.

I found similar problem reported in the archives but no solutions. I might
have missed something very silly. Please help.

Rajesh