Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Michael Rambichler <mi...@rambichler.at> on 2022/04/16 13:55:56 UTC

Kamel and Kamelets

Hi guys,

I am playing around with Kamel and got stuck on the following question:

Is it possible to use RouteTemplates with kamel?
I figured it out to define kamelets in yaml. This is fine.

But I have quite complex RouteTemplates with inline processors (simple java
code).
1) Is there a possibility to use these Templates also within kamel routes
if not
2) Is it possible to use process(..) code and yaml? Perhaps simple Beans?

Thanks for your help
 Michael

Re: Kamel and Kamelets

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Kamelets are based on route templates.

Your custom code can be in a JAR and then you can call this from the
kamelet where you can specify your JAR as a dependency.

However you can also use local code as scripts, (groovy, or java via
java-joor) see the route template docs on the website.
Using scripts has a limit how complex the code can be. You can also
find some unit tests in camel-yaml-dsl and camel-kamelet
that are using scripts.

--
Claus Ibsen