Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "wasims@comsats" <wa...@comsats.net.pk> on 2001/07/26 17:12:09 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 b5 does not recognize changes in deployed applications

Please help me as I have been unable to solve this problem.
I am using tomcat 4.0 beta 5 on Windows 98
Every time I deploy a new application to tomcat i.e make a new folder under
"Tomcat-Home\webapps" it is automatically recognized on a server restart.
But any JSP pages that I subsequently add to the folder are not recognized
by the server even after a server restart.
Similarly if this correctly functioning (initially) application is
duplicated with a different name under "Tomcat-Home\webapps" and the server
is restarted the duplicated application is visible to the server but the
duplicated JSP's don't get compiled and I get the following message "a
servlet exception has occurred"
I would be grateful if someone tells me how the incremental changes to ones
application can be correctly reflected to tomcat.
Anwar

Re: Tomcat 4.0 b5 does not recognize changes in deployed applications

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Update to 4.0-b6.  Beta 5 had a bug that it didn't recognize modified JSP
pages and automatically recompile them.

Craig McClanahan