Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 02:27:56 UTC

Re: MultiValued Search using Filter Query

Well, first are you using that syntax? Because it's not correct.
q=sym:TEST
fq=initials:MKN

[] is the "range" operator.

Second, you are using a "string" type for initials, which isn't analyzed in
any way so you'd have to search on exactly MKN JRT. MKN wouldn't match. JRT
wouldn't match. MKN  JRT (two spaces between) wouldn't match.

The admin/analysis page shows you exactly how data sent to fields is
parsed, it's invaluable. Also, adding &debug=all to the query will show you
how the query gets parsed, which often gives you a clue, although it does
take some practice to know which parts of the output are relevant....

Best
Erick