Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Sergei Nikulov <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/11 11:24:04 UTC

THRIFT-2850 // Boost C++ version requirements

Hello All,

I play with autotools and cmake builds on recent git master to compare
results.

I've discovered that automake required Boost >= 1.54.0 since

But I'm able to build git master with cmake on CentOS v7 + boost v1.53.0 +
some tweaks .

According the comment from Roger
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2471?focusedCommentId=13989114&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13989114

he also confirms that 1.53.0 is enough to build Thrift from git master.

Can we reduce requirements to v1.53.0?

Without this Apache Thrift build will not support RHEL/CentOS v7
out-of-the-box, until they not provide upgrade to Boost v1.54.0

Otherwise we need increase Boost version requirements in cmake build also.

--
Best Regards,
Sergei Nikulov

Re: THRIFT-2850 // Boost C++ version requirements

Posted by Sergei Nikulov <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,

I have submitted pull request on Github
https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/376

This was only one tweak for both cmake and autoconfig builds - fix for
BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT usage.

Could you please review and merge if no concerns will be raised?

Thank you.

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.
Hi Sergei