Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net> on 2008/08/20 11:09:23 UTC

deleted blogs not being deleted from Planet?

(raised as https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1744 , just a
heads up here).

When we delete a blog from our Roller install, Planet doesn't notice it's gone.
Should Roller notify it somehow?

WARN  2008-08-20 01:00:00,079
SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - Error updating
subscription - weblogger:spherical
Local feed - weblogger:spherical no longer exists in weblogger
INFO  2008-08-20 01:00:06,790
SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - --- DONE --- Updated
subscriptions in 6.724 second

Not a showstopper, just a bit annoying really.
We manually remove the row from rag_subscription.

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/

Re: deleted blogs not being deleted from Planet?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Dick Davies
<ra...@hellooperator.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Dick Davies
>
>>> When we delete a blog from our Roller install, Planet doesn't notice it's gone.
>
>>> WARN  2008-08-20 01:00:00,079
>>> SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - Error updating
>>> subscription - weblogger:spherical
>>> Local feed - weblogger:spherical no longer exists in weblogger
>>> INFO  2008-08-20 01:00:06,790
>>> SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - --- DONE --- Updated
>>> subscriptions in 6.724 second
>
>> The SyncWebsitesTask is supposed to deal with adding/removing blogs on
>> a nightly basis.
>> Do you have it enabled?
>
> Yup. roller-custom.properties looks like:

Sounds like a real live bug that needs reporting ;-)

- Dave

Re: deleted blogs not being deleted from Planet?

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Dick Davies

>> When we delete a blog from our Roller install, Planet doesn't notice it's gone.

>> WARN  2008-08-20 01:00:00,079
>> SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - Error updating
>> subscription - weblogger:spherical
>> Local feed - weblogger:spherical no longer exists in weblogger
>> INFO  2008-08-20 01:00:06,790
>> SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - --- DONE --- Updated
>> subscriptions in 6.724 second

> The SyncWebsitesTask is supposed to deal with adding/removing blogs on
> a nightly basis.
> Do you have it enabled?

Yup. roller-custom.properties looks like:

# Tasks which are enabled. Only tasks listed here will be run.
tasks.enabled=ScheduledEntriesTask,ResetHitCountsTask,TurnoverReferersTask,PingQueueTask,RefreshRollerPlanetTask,SyncWebsitesTask

seems to be running too, just not making any difference:

INFO  2008-08-20 00:00:00,118 SyncWebsitesTask:runTask - Syncing local
weblogs with planet subscriptions list
INFO  2008-08-20 00:00:11,286 RefreshRollerPlanetTask:runTask -
Refreshing Planet subscriptions
WARN  2008-08-20 00:00:11,303
SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - Error updating
subscription - weblogger:spheric
al
Local feed - weblogger:spherical no longer exists in weblogger
INFO  2008-08-20 00:00:14,058
SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - --- DONE --- Updated
subscriptions in 2.769 seconds
INFO  2008-08-20 00:01:00,081 SyncWebsitesTask:runTask - Syncing local
weblogs with planet subscriptions list
INFO  2008-08-20 00:01:10,503 RefreshRollerPlanetTask:runTask -
Refreshing Planet subscriptions
WARN  2008-08-20 00:01:10,519
SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - Error updating
subscription - weblogger:spherical
Local feed - weblogger:spherical no longer exists in weblogger
INFO  2008-08-20 00:01:12,687
SingleThreadedFeedUpdater:updateSubscriptions - --- DONE --- Updated
subscriptions in 2.18 seconds

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.