Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by James Cook <ji...@iname.com> on 2000/12/14 21:21:46 UTC

Antidote Progress

How is Antitode progressing? What features are not present? Is there a to-do
list somewhere?

I'm thinking of giving up on integration of Ant 1.2 since I feel it is
hopelessly broke from a design standpoint. It is designed very well to be a
one-way tool, but its integration capabilities are horrible. Once antidote is
running (open build script, add/remove/edit tasks and targets), I thought I
would look closely to see what they had to do to accomplish these activities.

If successful, I don't see why a combination of the two-way capabilities of
Antidote and the core of Ant 1.2 shouldn't become a proposal for Ant 2.0.

jim