Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/21 20:17:41 UTC

A user's experience with a bake off

https://statsbot.co/blog/open-source-etl/

Someone on my team shared that. Overall, it's a very fair take. I think it
has some direct action items, particularly on the UX side that could be
considered for 1.8 to close some gaps.

(Not trying to start a flame war here, as once again I think it's a fair
article)

Mike

Re: A user's experience with a bake off

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think the first thing would be to expose as much data about the record
sets as possible in the flow. The second would be to consider some UI work
to make things a little flashier in the way that attracted his eye to
Streamsets.

I don't think we need the live monitoring because with s2s you can easily
integrate ELK and get something as flashy as Streamsets, but we need
something that can be used to help ELK visualize what record sets were
processed.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mike,