Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by samir Garg <sa...@autoquake.com> on 2007/12/18 18:35:13 UTC

problem with dependency

Hi,

    I am new to ivy, so apologies if my question sounds stupid.

    I have 2 projects. One is dependee and other depender. Dependee
project has got a third party client jar in its lib directory. This
third party client jar is not available in maven repository. I have
build and published dependee project. After building and deploying
depender project I get runtime exception as depender is not able to find
that party client jar. Can someone please tell me how I can include that
party client jar in depender deployed war file.

Thanks And Regards,

Sameer Garg,

Re: problem with dependency

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You should put the third party client jar in a repository accessible to all
people who want to access it. You can for instance put it in the same
repository as the dependee project, or create another repository for third
party libraries. Then you should declare a dependency on this third party
library in your dependee project and retrieve these dependencies to get the
third party jar in your lib directory with Ivy. Then when you publish the
dependee project Ivy will have information in the repository that dependee
depends on third party, and thus the depender project will get both dependee
and third party thanks to transitive dependencies management.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/