Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com> on 2005/11/01 15:52:52 UTC

Building Tomcat native connector on Windows

I'm trying to build the native connector with APR on Windows and I'm
running into some linking issues.  The apr and lib apr projects build
fine, but it bombs out while linking the libtcnative project.  I'm
trying to build the tomcat-native-1.1.0 from Tomcat 5.5.12.  Is APR
1.2.2 the correct version to be using?  Is OpenSSL 0.9.8a acceptable?.
I'm building with MS Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows XP.  If anyone has any
insight on what's wrong, I would be extremely grateful.  Thanks in
advance.
,
Josh.

Linking...
   Creating library Release/libtcnative-1.lib and object
Release/libtcnative-1.exp
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__DestroyWindow@4
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__GetWindowTextA@12
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__GetDlgItem@8
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__DispatchMessageA@4
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__TranslateMessage@4
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__PeekMessageA@20
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__ShowWindow@8
system.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__CreateDialogParamA@20
Release/libtcnative-1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

libtcnative-1.dll - 9 error(s), 2 warning(s)