Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/23 19:13:43 UTC

Comparison of Parsing results 2.13 vs 3.0

Hello,
I read this interesting blog comparing parsing results of 2.13 and 3.0:

   - https://habrahabr.ru/post/308254/

English translation:

   -
   https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhabrahabr.ru%2Fpost%2F308254%2F

Regards

Philippe M.

Re: Comparison of Parsing results 2.13 vs 3.0

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's "recursive image download" issue at the end of the article (see ~
> https://yandex.ru/clck/redir/dtype=stred....7004fcb3793e79bb1ac9e&keyno=12
> )
>
> Basically JMeter tries to download image, and the server responds with HTML
> page with the same image inside.
> Does it have something to do with wrong accept-type header?

I would say it's a bug in JMeter no ? Browser manage this, so we should.

> I'm not sure if JMeter sends "accept-type: image/whatever".
>
> PS. The article is hard to read as it just throws data on the table, and
> lists little conclusions.

I think :
- There is a confusion about what JMeter does in Embedded Resources
download, comparing it to browser is not meaningful.
- But there is an interesting thing, the difference in results between
JSOUP and JODD Lagarto. We shouldn't have this . It looks like a bug in one
or both of the implementations.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Comparison of Parsing results 2.13 vs 3.0

Posted by Ra Ge <fo...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if I understand what the author is concluding from these
tests. Of course I could be reading this wrong after passing it through
Google Translate.

Parsers pick up URLs from static analysis of the page content. By design,
this means they won't pick up any "AJAXy" URLs that are constructed at
runtime in client side JavaScript.

So the scores presented are really a measure of how AJAXy a site is. It
isn't surprising that simple sites like JMeter.apache score high and modern
sites like Google.ru score lower - and it doesn't really say anything about
the quality of the parsers themselves.

RaGe