Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com> on 2015/03/29 22:09:57 UTC

Post Jackrabbit 2.10 release proposal

Hi,

Jackrabbit 2.10.0 is released and in the past we would create
a branch for this first stable release after the unstable releases
we did before.

I suggest we change this practice and perform future maintenance
releases (e.g. the next 2.10.1) directly from trunk and do not
create unstable releases anymore. Jackrabbit 2.x is now mostly in
maintenance mode and most of the Jackrabbit team is working on the
successor Oak.

This means the next Jackrabbit release will be 2.10.1. The version
is already created in JIRA. Please use it to schedule and resolve
issues. You also have to update the Jackrabbit dependency if you
want to integrate the most recent work in trunk. The version
changed from 2.9-SNAPSHOT to 2.10.1-SNAPSHOT.

Regards
 Marcel

Re: Post Jackrabbit 2.10 release proposal

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.
I now see that API changes have been done on trunk since 2.10.0. For
instance in revision 1672610. If we don't create a branch for 2.10 and
use trunk in maintenance mode then we should definitely no longer make
changes to the API, otherwise we should create a branch.

--
Unico

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 29/03/2015 21:09, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> I suggest we change this practice and perform future maintenance
> releases (e.g. the next 2.10.1) directly from trunk and do not
> create unstable releases anymore. Jackrabbit 2.x is now mostly in
> maintenance mode and most of the Jackrabbit team is working on the
> successor Oak.

+1

-- Davide