Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <su...@junkemailfilter.com> on 2013/06/06 21:03:50 UTC

MariaDB replacing MySQL for Bayes

So - after a couple of weeks it just works. I recommend getting rid of
MySQL in favor of MariaDB. Besides bayes I'm using it on my web server
and it just works and it's a lot more solid.

My 2 centz

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support
support@junkemailfilter.com

Re: MariaDB replacing MySQL for Bayes

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 06/07/2013 05:05 PM, Matteo Dessalvi wrote:
> As far as I understand only the 3.4 (devel branch) version of SA is supporting Redis as a Bayes storage.

Yes

> Are you using this version in production?

Yes - Since January 2013

> Can you tell us, approximately, the volume of the email traffic?

A few million /day

> Are you running a configuration with multiple SA connected to a single Redis instance?

Yes! - in autolearn mode.

Posted by Matteo Dessalvi <mt...@yahoo.it>.
As far as I understand only the 3.4 (devel branch) version of SA is supporting Redis as a Bayes storage.

Are you using this version in production? Can you tell us, approximately, the volume of the email traffic?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antony Stone <An...@spamassassin.open.source.it>.
On Thursday 06 Jun 2013 at 21:03:50, Marc Perkel wrote:

> So - after a couple of weeks it just works. I recommend getting rid of
> MySQL in favor of MariaDB. Besides bayes I'm using it on my web server
> and it just works and it's a lot more solid.

Just out of interest, how do you define "solid"?

For example, what problems did you previously see with MySQL which you no
longer have with MariaDB?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
I love deadlines.   I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.