Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Travis CI <ju...@apache.org> on 2014/01/27 18:29:44 UTC

jackrabbit-oak build #3173: Broken

Build Update for apache/jackrabbit-oak
-------------------------------------

Build: #3173

Duration: 2043 seconds
Commit: f8f8d8e5966bf75f259fd531e376210b17913cfc (trunk)
Author: Michael Duerig
Message: OAK-1358: Oak should only create one default executor

git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/trunk@1561721 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

View the changeset: https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/compare/d6d5ddccf517...f8f8d8e5966b

View the full build log and details: https://travis-ci.org/apache/jackrabbit-oak/builds/17706673

--
sent by Jukka's Travis notification gateway

Re: jackrabbit-oak build #3173: Broken

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 28.1.14 8:39 , Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Failed tests:
>> addNodes[2](org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.ConcurrentAddIT):
>> javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: OakState0001: Unresolved conflicts
>> in /test/node4
>>
>> This doesn't seem to be related to my changes. Anyone else seen such
>> before? Does the content contributed by the test case actually ensure
>> that no conflicts arise? Otherwise such an exception is actually to be
>> expected and we should change the test.
>
> the test may cause conflicts in the property index. the expectation is
> that node store implementations are able to deal with those conflicts
> introduced by commit editors and retry the merge.
>
> maybe in this case one thread was unfortunate on each retry and
> eventually failed the merge.

So the failure would still be expected in this case but rather difficult
to distinguish from non expected merge failures. Let's keep an eye on
this to see whether we need to do something about it.

Michael

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.