Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by "eberhard speer jr." <se...@ducis.net> on 2013/07/15 05:52:16 UTC

Releases - Data Fixes

Re: Releases - Data Fixes

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:52 AM, eberhard speer jr. <se...@ducis.net> wrote:
> ...I think we can announce the release of the Java and the C# version,
> but I do not know whether VB.Net is an 'accepted' language as it is
> not open (http://projects.apache.org/languages.html)....

I think VB.Net is fine, this is similar to code that's created at
Apache to run on Windows - the code itself is open, the runtime is
not.

Note that we don't just announce releases, we have to create them as
per http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing and
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html - those docs
are a bit verbose, in short we need to designate someone (or several
people, one per language for example) as release manager, prepare the
release, vote on it and have the Incubator PMC ratify the vote, as
we're still an incubating project.

-Bertrand