Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Scott Mitchell <sc...@the-mitchells.org> on 2007/03/15 20:16:08 UTC

Re: [2] JMX Startup Problem

OK, I've got it figured out. I had to update line 92 in the run.bat file to
enclose the %PHOENIX_JVM_OPTS% reference in double quotes. Once I did that
everything worked fine. It appeared that only the first -D was getting
evaluated and it's value was all things that followed it. So:

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=10201

effectively became:

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname="localhost -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=10201"

So only "java.rmi.server.hostname" received a value (which was a bogus
value)

RE: [2] JMX Startup Problem

Posted by Scott Mitchell <sm...@silverpop.com>.
I don't think it's wiki page fix. I think the that line of the bat file
should just be fixed personally.

Scott

Yes, I also ran into problems like this before. Thanks for posting the
hint.
You are very welcome to improve the wiki page you were referring to
before.

Bernd

On 3/15/07, Scott Mitchell <sc...@the-mitchells.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > ontext.java:117)
> >         at

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.registe
> > rComponents(DefaultEmbeddor.java:659)
> >         at

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.initial
> > ize(DefaultEmbeddor.java:245)
> >         at

org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Contai
> > nerUtil.java:244)
> >         at

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.startup(CLIMain.java:234)

> >         at

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:162)

> >         at
> > org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:145)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

Re: [2] JMX Startup Problem

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.