Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Arve Klev <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/20 15:28:32 UTC

T5: Grid and t:parameter and domain-object with getId presents strange output

hi all,

I'm presenting data from my domain-model in a grid, and run into some odd
behavior in this circumstances:

>From the domain-model - Person.java:
------------------------------------
public class Person implements Serializable, Comparable<Person>
{

  private String id;

  public String getId() { return id; }

}

>From Tapestry5 - tml-file:
--------------------------
  <t:parameter name="idCell">
    <a t:type="pagelink" page="DetaljPerson"
context="aktuellPerson.id">${aktuellPerson.id}</a>
  </t:parameter>

When I "mvn jetty:run" from the command-line, and open the application in a
browser,
the values for the different id'd is presented like:
  "no.mil.dsf:myapp:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT"
but the link is correct: "
http://localhost:9090/myapp/detaljperson/03119876900"

Then I make a change in the tml-file (add a space or something), refresh the
page, and the id-values displays correct:
  "03119876900"
and the link remains correct.

If I "mvn jetty:run" again, the id-values displays again as
"no.mil.dsf:myapp:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT".
(same behavior in another domain-object where the id is a Long)

Is it right that I can't use "id" (getId) as a domain attribute in Tapestry5
together with t:grid and t:parameter?

thanks,
Arve

Re: T5: Grid and t:parameter and domain-object with getId presents strange output

Posted by Arve Klev <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the answer. I'll post a message if I should stumble across any
interesting findings.

thanks,
Arve

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.