Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shaun Senecal <ss...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/11 06:11:37 UTC

Re: merge results from physically separate hosts

Sorry for the delayed response...

Thanks, thats what I thought.  In my case, the schema of each index
would be slightly different, so I would want to run a PrefixQuery
against each index (all fields in each index) using the same query
text.  Maybe I would be able to take the results from each index and
then simply sort based on the ScoreDoc or something to get the most
relevant docs.

Is there a technical reason why Solr requires the index schema to be
the same, or was this simply the design that was chosen?

Shaun