Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ma qiang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/22 12:37:46 UTC

select hql in hbase

Hi all;
     I want to search a row in a table where a column's value  equals
to sth .  In SQL, there exists this sentence: select * from table_name
where column_value='sth' ,but in HQL I don't know how. Who can tell me
?
     Thank you very much!

Best Wishes!

Re: select hql in hbase

Posted by edward yoon <ed...@udanax.org>.
Hi, ma qiang.

It's not implemented feature.
One of these queries is doing full table scans.

In SQL, an indices are used for avoiding full table scans on queries,
however, that's not the proper way to use the big table on Hbase.
So, i think about some option to invoke a parallel query as a Oracle
parallel query.

If you have some good idea, please let me know.
Thanks.