Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jim VanEtten <jv...@invitation.org> on 2003/05/19 05:39:54 UTC

Integration into a Single Sign on Solution

We are looking at Jetspeed as a possible Enterprise Portal Solution. We
have a single sign on solution that we need to integrate into Jetspeed.
Basically this solution sits infront of the web application and monitors
all traffic. It authenticates against our central user repository and then
sets an encrypted session cookie and sets the username as the Remote_User
ENV variable.

Has anyone ever done something similar? If so where should I start. Can I
have Jetspeed trust the Remote_User variable and if there is an account
matching give them their portal setup. If there is no account it will jump
them to the new account page to setup their portal??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Re: Pb with VelocityPortletAction

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@skynet.be>.
Do you have an error message in the jetspeed.log ?

Re: JetspeedResourcesServices

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 03:33  PM, Mark Orciuch wrote:

> I'm not sure but wouldn't you do this:
>
> TurbineConfig config = new TurbineConfig("../webapp",
> "/WEB-INF/conf/my.properties");
>
> where my.properties overrides the resource service and includes
> TurbineResource.properties?
>
> Then again Turbine has certain essential services hardwired and I
> don't know
> how to override these :-( Perhaps you can use another TurbineConfig
> constructor and pass the parameter directly?

Well my properties has the setting for the resource service, which is
too late.
You are right in your second advice, I just found this constructor

new TurbineConfig(String path, Map attributes, Map initParams)

giving it a try now, hoping the 3rd param will allow me to set an entry
for "resources"

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: JetspeedResourcesServices

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
I'm not sure but wouldn't you do this:

TurbineConfig config = new TurbineConfig("../webapp",
"/WEB-INF/conf/my.properties");

where my.properties overrides the resource service and includes
TurbineResource.properties?

Then again Turbine has certain essential services hardwired and I don't know
how to override these :-( Perhaps you can use another TurbineConfig
constructor and pass the parameter directly?

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.

Re: Integration into a Single Sign on Solution

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 08:39  PM, Jim VanEtten wrote:

> We are looking at Jetspeed as a possible Enterprise Portal Solution. We
> have a single sign on solution that we need to integrate into Jetspeed.
> Basically this solution sits infront of the web application and
> monitors
> all traffic. It authenticates against our central user repository and
> then
> sets an encrypted session cookie and sets the username as the
> Remote_User
> ENV variable.
>
> Has anyone ever done something similar? If so where should I start.
> Can I
> have Jetspeed trust the Remote_User variable and if there is an account
> matching give them their portal setup. If there is no account it will
> jump
> them to the new account page to setup their portal??
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Jim
> <signature.asc>

Solutions have been discussed on both the jetspeed-user and
jetspeed-dev lists.

The best place to start looking is in the session validator
There is now a NTLMSessionValidator class. I would use that as a
starting point

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software