Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2012/11/01 15:46:25 UTC

[VOTE] release cTAKES 2.6-incubating RC2

The archive containing RC2 of ctakes-2.6-incubating is in
http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/2.6-RC2/
Note: It is more than 800MB.
2.6 does include a bundled copy of parts of the UMLS.  If there is a hard requirement that prevents this please reply to

http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ctakes-dev#query:list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.ctakes-dev%20from%3A%22Masanz%2C%20James%20J.%22+page:1+mid:thm6uuk4sdudhe2a+state:results<http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ctakes-dev>)

2.6 does not include the package name updates to reflect apache.org, and maven was not used to generate the build.
(The build was done like the build for 2.5 had been done)

The "install" is to just unzip the archive.

To run cTAKES, you can start the CVD (or CPE) GUI using the script/BAT files found within the top level directory.
For the CVD GUI, select an aggregate to load, such as cTAKESdesc/cpddesc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextProcessor.xml
Then run the aggregate you just loaded using the menu options.

The archive includes source, compiled .class files, and a jar.

The source from which this release was built is in SVN at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/branches/SHARPn-cTAKES/

Also included there, within "files for pipeline root", are the ant scripts used to merge the source directories and build the archive (similar to the way 2.5 was).

Please vote on release:
  [ ] +1  OK to release
  [ ]  0  Don't care
  [ ] -1  Not OK to release, because ...

Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

-- James Masanz

RE: [VOTE] release cTAKES 2.6-incubating RC2

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi James,
I was able to verify:
1) checksum - Ok
2) pgp sig - Ok
3) RAT - N/A as 2.6 still uses the old copyrights and namespaces
4) application - Was able to run runctakesCVD.sh, load DefaultAggregatePlaintextPipeline with a test note.

Will probably need input from our mentors for the other items...
--Pei

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Sean,