Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 05:39:39 UTC

HBase (Compaction and Region) Event Listeners

Hi,

I spotted https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11220 which looks
very handy for capturing some HBase events....

... but I was wondering if there is already something in HBase that would
allow one to listen for thing like compactions.... or any other important
HBase events?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: HBase (Compaction and Region) Event Listeners

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Otis:
In BaseRegionObserver, you can find these hooks:

  public void preCompactSelection(final
ObserverContext<RegionCoprocessorEnvironment> c,

      final Store store, final List<StoreFile> candidates, final
CompactionRequest request)

  public void postCompactSelection(final
ObserverContext<RegionCoprocessorEnvironment> c,

      final Store store, final ImmutableList<StoreFile> selected,
CompactionRequest request) {

  public InternalScanner
preCompact(ObserverContext<RegionCoprocessorEnvironment> e,

      final Store store, final InternalScanner scanner, final ScanType
scanType,

      CompactionRequest request) throws IOException {

And some more ...

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Otis,