Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ma...@hyperreal.com on 1997/03/27 17:40:02 UTC

mod_proxy/271: Access control for proxy does not work.

>Number:         271
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Access control for proxy does not work.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm using apache with the mod_proxy module and the following access control(s):

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
<Directory proxy:*>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1 139.25.113.10 192.168.123.1
#allow from 139.25.112.104
</Directory>
</IfModule>

Then I try to access http://www.geocities.com/ from the host 139.25.112.104
and get (correctly):

[Thu Mar 27 17:06:54 1997] access to proxy:http://www.geocities.com/ failed for pgtd0119, reason: Client denied by server configuration
pgtd0119 unknown - [27/Mar/1997:17:16:42 +0100] "GET http://www.geocities.com/ HTTP/1.0" 403 1089

But when I send a second request http://www.geocities.com/foo.bar
then the server passes the request to www.geocities.com, i.e.,
it performs the proxy service that should be disallowed:

pgtd0119 unknown - [27/Mar/1997:17:16:53 +0100] "GET http://www.geocities.com/foo.bar HTTP/1.0" 404 1064

BTW: It would be nice if proxy (or any) access could be limited on host+path
level, not just host level.
>How-To-Repeat:
See above.

Kraemer <Ma...@Mch.SNI.De>

Re: mod_proxy/271: Access control for proxy does not work.

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Martin, there was a typo in the proxy docs:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
<Directory proxy:*>
<Limit GET>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1 139.25.113.10 192.168.123.1
#allow from 139.25.112.104
</Limit>
</Directory>
</IfModule>